We are an international NGO helping human rights organisations use information technologies and documentation methods to maximise the impact of their advocacy work. Currently we are engaged in different projects with more than 50 organizations all across the globe.
To help our partners, we create our own tools:
- OpenEvSys: for documenting human rights violations (MySQL, PHP, JQuery, Bootstrap).
- Uwazi: for publishing collections of documents and cross referencing content (CouchDB/ElasticSearch, Node, React, Bootstrap).
- Casebox: for advocacy and case management (MySQL/Solr, PHP, Ext.js) with its mobile data capture app (Ionic).
We also use 3rd party solutions such as WordPress to develop ad-hoc projects when required.
You should consider applying to this position if:
- You are able to work remotely handling your own time and responsibilities.
- You are proactive and eager to take technical control over the projects.
- You can speak work level english (you don’t need perfect english).
- You are open to maintain legacy code.
- You learn and evolve your skills constantly.
Advantages of working at Huridocs:
- Expose yourself to unique real world challenges.
- Help hundreds of human rights organizations all across the globe.
- Work in a multicultural environment.
- Opportunities to travel to other countries and mix up with the locals (sometimes).
- Remote! Work in your pajamas or from any beach in the world =)
- Share and learn from other highly qualified staff.
- Developing and maintaining WordPress websites for Huridocs and our partner organizations.
- Maintenance of OpenEvSys code base.
- Implement projects based on OpenEvSys.
- Help maintain other legacy projects.
- Provide technical support to our project managers and partners.
- Develop projects based on Casebox and Uwazi.
- Help with Casebox and Uwazi core development.
Key technical skills:
- Proficient in PHP, JS and HTML/CSS.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Basic web application security.
- Basic linux and networking knowledge.
- 2+ years of experience.
Nice to have:
- Test Driven Development.
- Version control with Git.
- Automated frontend testing (Selenium, Nightmare, etc).
- Experience with ElasticSearch and/or Solr.
- Advanced digital security.
- Advanced system administration.
- Other languages: Spanish, Russian, Arabic…
Interested? Please get in touch with our CTO Jaume Cardona (email@example.com).