Together with a renowned human rights activist from Chechnya, the Swiss section of the STP has been commissioned to build a unique audio-visual archive by the Chechen Archive Association since 2009. The current video and photographic documentation is being systematised in a customised database.
For the professional expansion of the archive and organisational development of the Chechen Archive Association we are seeking an Archive Manager (60-80%) to begin as soon as possible or by arrangement for an initial 1-year period with the possibility for extension.
- To organise, manage and operate the archive
- To develop an outreach programme
- and make the archival holdings available for use
- To undertake the organisational development of the Chechen Archive Association
- To plan and coordinate strategic and operational tasks
- To lead a small team incl. responsibility for personnel
- To seek financial support incl. responsibility for the overall budget
- To provide customer liaison and support
- To develop and monitor projects in Chechnya (where applicable)
- University degree or equivalent qualification
- Specialisation or experience in archive management
- Project management, fundraising and personnel management
- Knowledge of digital data management incl. audio-visual media desirable
- Ability to work independently and responsibly
- Good communication skills
- Good written skills in English and oral skills in Russian
- Interest in human rights
- Work placement in Bern (Ostermundigen), Switzerland
- A dedicated, international team
- Cutting-edge work in the field of human rights archives and dealing with the past
- Creative freedom in strategic and operational tasks
For more information
Shoma Chatterjee, 031 311 90 09, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org and
Christoph Wiedmer, 031 311 90 01 mailto:email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your applications until 2nd May 2012 at firstname.lastname@example.org shortly after which the first round of interviews will take place.
Thank you for your time and interest in the work of the STP and the Chechen Archive.
sommaire en français
offre de l’emploi pour la poste de Gestionnaire d’Archives concernant la Tchétchénie auprès de la Société pour les peuples menacés (SPM) à Berne, Suisse
resumen en español
vacante de Administrador de Archivos sobre Chechenia con la Sociedad para los Pueblos Amenazados (STP) en Berna, Suiza